We offer a wide choice of nutritional and functional milk protein concentrates and isolates manufactured from fresh ultra-filtered skim milk. These products are designed to deliver enhanced performance in a range of applications. Our dairy-based protein ingredients are always of the highest quality. They offer the same ratio of micellar casein and whey protein naturally found in milk, but in process-stable and easier-to-use powder formats.
The advanced milk protein range
- Available in a range of protein contents
- Concentrated nutrition with low viscosity
- Clean, neutral flavours
- Superior microbial quality - characterized by low bacterial and spore counts
- Excellent stability in ready-to-drink products
- Source of high-quality protein, providing essential amino acids
- Micellar casein and whey content as naturally found in milk which can support protein synthesis
- Rich in calcium which can support bone health
- Early-life and pediatric nutrition
- Clinical nutrition, ready to use in tube or sip feeds
- Reduced and low lactose applications
- Ready-to-drink beverages
- Sports and lifestyle applications
- Protein-fortified foods
- Weight management and meal replacers
- Ready to drink nutritional beverage
- Ready-to-mix powdered nutrition
The functional milk protein range
- Excellent neutral flavour
- Provide desired texture and mouthfeel
- High-fat and water binding capacity for cheese application
- Modify viscosity
- Good solubility
- Easily incorporated into formulations with existing process capability
- Fresh dairy
- Processed cheese
Contact us about milk protein concentrates & isolates
Find out additional information about what markets we supply and learn more about our Solmiko and Solago product range by contacting us below.
Frequently Asked Questions
Our Solmiko, SolmikoHD and Solago HD ingredients are available in a range of protein contents, from milk protein concentrate (80% minimum protein— as-is) to milk protein isolate (minimum protein level of 85%— as-is).
Glanbia Ireland offers an array of milk protein concentrate (MPC) and milk protein isolate (MPI) that contain a range of lactose contents. As the protein content of MPC increases, the lactose levels decrease. This high-protein to low-lactose ratio makes MPC an excellent ingredient for use in low-lactose beverages and foods.